Apply for the Section 8 HCV Program

Waiting List for Housing Assistance

Linn-Benton Housing Authority accepts applications to be placed on the waiting list in person, by FAX, by mail and email.   The current wait for the Section 8 HCV program is approximately 2-3 years.

  • You can find the Section 8 or Mod Rehab Applications under Applications on the download forms page.
  • If you qualify for the Non-Elderly Disabled voucher program, your name will be automatically added to this waiting list.
  • If you are interested in the VASH homeless veteran program, please contact the VA directly at (541) 242-0445.


**Notify us immediately in writing if you change your mailing address.

We notify applicants by mail when they reach the top of the list. If we do not have your current mailing address and you do not respond to a top of the list letter, your application will be removed from the waiting list and you will have to reapply.  Click here to download the Change of Address form.

Affordable Housing rental listings

Locating property has never been easier!  The Housing Authority has partnered with GoSection8 , which provides an enhanced program to list rental properties online.  Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher tenants seeking apartment units, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market.  If you have any questions regarding registering, creating or viewing property lists, please contact the GoSection8 toll free help line at 1-866-466-7328.

Persons with a disability or people who need assistance communicating with us

Reasonable Accommodation

If you have a disability (disability may include physical, mental or other) and need:

  • A change in our policies or procedures   or
  • A change in the way we communicate with you or give you information, for example, appropriate auxiliary aid, relay service, sign language interpreters for person with speech or hearing impairments, or alternate format for vision impairment    or
  • A modification to your Housing Authority owned unit

You can ask for this change, which is called a Reasonable Accommodation.

Please call us or click here to download the Reasonable Accommodation form.   To contact us by TTY, please use the Oregon Relay service. The number is 7-1-1.

Advocates or agencies helping someone with their voucher.

Please note that the program confidentiality requirements prevent us from discussing the specifics of an applicant or participant’s file without a signed Authorization for Release form.

Please click here to download the Authorization of Release form.