What is the Section 8 Program?

The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program helps low-income families pay rent.  Rental assistance is paid directly to the private landlord.

Click here to learn more about the Section 8 program.


How will I receive the Housing Assistance payment (HAP)?

Direct Deposit is the required form of payment for the monthly Housing Assistance Payment.

To enroll, please click on the link below. The form is listed under the landlord section:

Direct Deposit Form

The enrollment form will be processed by our office when it is received.  Once it has been successfully processed, the Housing Assistance Payment will be electronically deposited into the designated bank account and the HAP statement can be accessed online.  The online system, called HMS Pal (Payment Access for Landlords), offers fast and secure access to payment information.  It provides 18 months of payment history, current year-to-date totals and tenant payment details, including tenant addresses.  Landlords have the option to receive a monthly email notification that the HAP statement has been posted online.

Below is the link to access the HAP statement:

Online HAP Statement


List your property for free

Advertising and locating property has never been easier!  The Housing Authority has partnered with GoSection8 , which provides an enhanced program to list rental properties online.  Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher tenants seeking apartment units, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market.  It is recommended that landlords add photos to their listing for better advertising and faster lease-up.

If you have any questions regarding registering, creating or viewing property lists, please contact the GoSection8 toll free help line at 1-866-466-7328.

Frequently Asked Questions

Section 8 Information

What is a HAP Contract?

Rental Information

When can I change the rent?
What if I want/need to give my Section 8 tenant a notice?
What if I change property manager?
What if I am selling my rental property?